Got a puppy? We offer the next size up at a deep discount with our Puppy Promise!
Because so many of our customers have Puppies we have a Puppy Promise; as your dog grows, the next size up harness is deeply discounted. Yes, even if you have a Great Dane!
Why We Have A Puppy Promise:
- We don’t’ want you walking your dog by its throat. Ever. This is so important to us that we’re willing to offer a deep discount on the next size harness. This saves you from having to use the ‘money’ argument, saying “I’ll wait until the dog is fully grown before I get it a harness”…. and then proceed to walk your dog from its throat until then. The Puppy Promise makes it so money won’t stand in the way of getting off your sweetie’s neck….Now. Getting off a dog’s neck is vital – even for a ‘good’ walking dog (which pups are not.😉). You can see why we say that here, it’s what our vet showed us.
- It allows you the get the right size, right now, and not try to straddle two sizes. A right size harness means better results and your dog will be more comfortable. Plus, your pup deserves the best from the start. It’s Win-Win-Woof for everyone.
- Walk Your Dog With Love dog harnesses are great for training. Which is what a lot of people do with their pups. Trainers worldwide recommend them because it makes training more effective. Our harness helps to communicate what you want the dog to do, not vice-versa (like collars/chokers and rear attached harnesses).
- It’s our form of a Loyalty Program; we want you to stay with Walk Your Dog With Love through your dog’s entire life. It’s meant for consecutive purchases; we don’t want you to switch harnesses mid-stream as your puppy grows. If you’re buying a harness every few months (or every few weeks with a bigger, faster growing dog), we’d like it to be ours. 😊
To be considered for the Puppy Promise your dog must still be … a puppy! For most dogs, puppyhood is somewhere between newborn and 12-14 months (for our petite dog friends ) and newborn and 24-30 months for our big and huge dog friends (like an English Mastiff or Great Dane). Note: The Promise isn’t intended for dogs that maybe have gotten a little chubby because Grandma thinks Love looks like big snacks…
To be eligible for the Puppy Promise please get the next size as soon as your dog starts to outgrow the smaller one, not 6 weeks or 6 months later.
Simply email us:
- a clear photo of the size label on the harness you have now
- a recent photo of your awesome dog in the harness
- your full name, and your dog’s name
- your dog's WAG (Weight, Age, Girth as we measure it - see the illustration and info below
- In the subject line write Puppy Promise Please!
If your dog fits the Puppy criteria, you’ll be emailed a unique Puppy Promise coupon code. Easy.
Chew Relief Program for Puppies Too
We know that puppies chew (older dogs too!) so we have a Chew Relief program, in case your sweetie decides that the harness tastes good and it needs to be replaced.
Getting the right size is easy. It can usually be done just by knowingyour dog's approximate weight.
YET, to totally make sure you get the right size, see the Girth measurement chart below. Girth is the measurement that goes over your dog's shoulders, right behind the front legs, and back up again. Like the red arrow shows.
Please measure with your dog standing. Measure it as if it was the harness - not too tight, not too loose.
If your dog can fit in two size harnesses, we usually prefer the bigger dog in the smaller harness. If the measurement is at the very top of one size, then go up to the next size. If you still have sizing questions please email us your dog’s WAG (Weight, Age, Girth as described above and in the picture) and we will help you.