Walk Your Dog With Love is the easiest harness in the world to adjust and put on. This short video shows you how to do it. (Looking for sizing info? Click Here)
Below are written directions with diagrams.
- Please note the "Scooch & Set" for proper fit. This is very important.
- Once you find where you like the slidy side, "set" it as described in the video. Now your harness is custom-tailored for your dog.
- We want it "right" not "tight". Right means snug, 2-4 fingers can fit under the harness at the shoulder (where the reflective material is). See this on the video.
- Because the harness pulls from one side, it 'bows' and 'gaps', and it doesn't look even. This is normal, and how it is meant to look.
- The 'gap', when the harness 'bows' out, is part of the design. Don't tighten the harness because of it. The material, and your dog, are flexible; it isn't supposed to fit like skin-tight spandex.
- You also might need to adjust it a few times to get it "just right".
PUTTING ON THE HARNESS IS SIMPLE
- The label goes on the outside
- The ring goes in the front
- The strap goes behind the front legs
- Click the buckle
ADJUSTING THE HARNESS IS SIMPLE TOO
- Adjust depending on how exuberant a walker your dog is
- It should be snug, yet not so tight it bites your dog. 2-4 fingers tightness is about right
- 9 out of 10 dogs prefer you take the harness off them to adjust it
- During the next several walks, adjust the harness to what works best for both of you; looser around the body, tighter on the chest, maybe vice-versa. Let common sense guide you
CHEST SIZE ADJUSTMENT
BOTH STRAPS MUST BE ADJUSTED EQUALLY AND REMAIN EQUAL LENGTHS
- this is the part that sits centered on your dog's chest.
- push both straps thru adjuster - at the same time
- slide adjuster
- pull straps flat again
BELLY SIZE ADJUSTMENT
- adjusts like a knapsack strap
- push webbing up thru adjuster
- slide adjuster
- pull webbing flat again
SIDE WIDTH ADJUSTMENT
- The label side is sewn, the other side is 'slidey'
- 'scooch' BOTH sides up, to just above the shoulders
- you might need to readjust the belly strap now
- Now set the slidey side - as noted in the video - so it is perfect for your dog
Prefer to print these instructions? Please click here! Instructions will open in a new tab.
IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE IT LOOKS ON TEDDY, BELOW
NOW CLIP ON THE LEASH AND AWAY YOU GO!